Cookies on this website

We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you click 'Accept all cookies' we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies and you won't see this message again. If you click 'Reject all non-essential cookies' only necessary cookies providing core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility will be enabled. Click 'Find out more' for information on how to change your cookie settings.

We recommend that DPhil and MSc(Res) candidates contact a potential supervisor in the first instance before submitting an application.  


All applications must be made via the online application form. Full guidance on making an application can be found on the University of Oxford Graduate Studies pages. 


When completing the online application form please read the University Guide and take note of the following:

  • The course code for the DPhil is RD_PH1 and the programme description is ‘DPhil in Pharmacology’ (page 2 of the application form).
  • The course code for the MSc by Research in Pharmacology is RM_PH1 and the programme description is ‘MSc (Res) in Pharmacology’.
  • A CV should be uploaded which includes your final year school results (A-level, baccalaureate or equivalent) and full details of your research experience.
  • You will need to ensure, in good time, that your referees are willing and able to write a reference for you. We must receive your references no later than the application deadline. It is your responsibility to ensure that your references are submitted on time (page 8).
  • Please tick the relevant boxes to be considered for the funding sources (page 6). All Students are eligible to the Clarendon Funds.


University administration requires a single credit card payment of £75 to accompany your application. Unfortunately, no other form of payment is acceptable for online applications.


Offers from the Department become unconditional when we have received original degree transcripts from the applicant's University together with any necessary language certificate. Colleges will also require proof of funding.